Version 1.3 (published June 2017)
Updates since last version are indicated in blue highlighting.
Things you should really heed are indicated in yellow highlighting.
Keywords are indicated in bold.
Table of Contents
Bujinkan & Tori & Ninjutsu
This is a training group for Takamatsu den Bujinkan Ninjutsu in Dubai.
There are regular classes formerly hosted by sensei Lee Allison.
Our training is open for all levels and ages (variety is encouraged for practical reasons). We focus on fundamentals and principles not on complex techniques. Advanced practitioners can simply do the same techniques more smoothly and creatively, and hopefully have better flexibility / stamina / balance during the conditioning session :)
Before you show up for any training, please follow the ‘Procedure’ below.
Here is the schedule for Bujinkan Ninjutsu in Dubai:
· Mondays 8PM @ Bay Avenue Park.
· Wednesday 8PM @ JLT Park.
· Saturdays 8PM @ Zabeel Park
· First Fridays 6PM @ JBR Beach
Please keep up to date via the Meetup group www.meetup.com/Bujinkan-Ninjutsu-Self-Defense-Development-Dubai/ / www.ToriDubai.info
We also do a Ninjutsu inspired fitness oriented training outdoors (such as Parkour, Ninjutsu Workout, and Weapons Workout) usually every Saturday via www.AgeOfRage.info / www.meetup.com/Outdoor-Fitness-Flight-Dubai
Bay Avenue Park:
· Area: Bay Avenue (at Executive Towers) @ Business Bay
· Roads: crossing of Burj Khalifa Blvd & Al A’amal St.
· Landmarks adjacent (very close): right behind the skate park, opposite LearningTree nursery, & almost opposite Umi Sushi restaurant
· Landmarks nearby (close): across Taj Dubai building, Business Bay metro station - train side (15M walk)
· Map: goo.gl/maps/ZGPoa8ZA1Jw
· Website: bayavenue.ae/about-bay-avenue
· More info: N/A
· Area: JLT (Jumeirah Lake Towers)
· Roads: btwn Al Sarayat St. & First Al Khail St.
· Landmarks adjacent (very close): Cluster Q's Lakes Mart & near MAG 214 bldg, near the fountain.
· Landmarks nearby (close): DAMAC metro JLT side
· Map: goo.gl/maps/wmrMP
· Website: https://www.visitDubai.com/en/pois/jumeirah-lakes-towers-park
· More info: N/A
· Area: Al Jaffiliya
· Roads: crossing of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed St. & Sheikh Rashid Rd.
· Landmarks adjacent (very close): Al Jafiliya metro - train side (5M walk)
· Landmarks nearby (close): Central Services Complex - Dubai Health Authority
· Map: goo.gl/maps/fcPdVXMMvCS2
· Website: www.guide2Dubai.com/directory/attractions/4660-zabeel-park
· More info: hosts Ripe Food & Craft Market (more info @ www.DubaiVegan.net)
THE BEACH at JBR:
· Area: JBR (Jumeirah Beach Residence)
· Roads: crossing of Al Sayorah St. & Al Mamsha St.
· Landmarks adjacent (very close): grass area near Soda Font soda caravan & outdoor The Beach Gym
· Landmarks nearby (close): across from Busaba Eathai & Seven Sands
· Map: goo.gl/maps/BNfeAzMqHyj
· Website: www.thebeach.ae
· More info: N/A
Free to try for the first hour of Bujinkan Ninjutsu in Dubai, otherwise see www.ToriDubai.info in Desktop Site (PC / tablet / bottom of Mobile Site) under FEES.
We focus on function not on form, so it is best to be prepared for ground maneuvers (long pants), and grappling maneuvers (gi or something stretchable).
If you want more help in getting to any training venue then just contact anybody who is attending and they can pick you up at any nearby landmark and show you the way.
Bujinkan Ninjutsu Dubai on FaceBook and Meetup:
FaceBook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BujinkanDubai
FaceBook page: www.facebook.com/ToriDubai
Meetup group: www.meetup.com/Bujinkan-Ninjutsu-Self-Defense-Development-Dubai/ / www.ToriDubai.info
Go to www.ToriDubai.info and confirm there for the day of choice for Bujinkan Ninjutsu in Dubai, then follow the instructions in event description so we ensure ur coming :)
Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is the international standardized body for 9 schools (including 3 Ninjutsu schools and 6 Samurai schools) founded by the current Sōke (宗) (headmaster) Dr. Hatsumi. It is descended from over a millennium of martial arts expertise derived from years of rigorous training and survival from actual battles in the feudal days of Japan.
PhD Hatsumi Masaaki Sensei is the 34th Ninjutsu Sōke and creator of this wonderful art. He is the main student of Toshitsugu Takamatsu, the last real ninja. Hatsumi sensei is a visionary man that opened this mysterious and closed 1000 years old martial art to the world.
Bujinkan Tori is the international organization that takes the original Ninjutsu system passed from Takamatsu which we represent in Dubai. BujinkanTori.com for more info.
Ninjutsu therefore is not a martial art, but the art itself is a core component of survival through self defenss and meditation.
"When you fight, you must not fight... to defeat your opponent. You are your only enemy; fight to defeat your former self. If you aim to win, you never win." -Mowrad Rownak Flowrendo
People who practise Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (especially Takamatsu den) are very passionate about it due to the powerful impact it has on people giving the ability to balance one’s energy, and to actually use the mind! History and philosophy of Ninjutsu and Hatsumi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-2jfhoyUkg&feature=related (TLC).
Training is focused on survival by its survival philosophy and practical strategy (based on fundamentals and instinct). Progress is derived from knowledge of anatomy and mechanics derived from deep understanding through fundamental based techniques. Those then enable unlimited maneuvers suited for an unlimited number of scenarios. Instinct enables the same adaptability without having to rely on neither thought nor memory, both of which are not well suited for a real-life threat situation.
- Bujinkan Furyo Dojo series: http://www.youtube.com/user/hoxomoxo/videos?view=0&flow=grid
- To-Shin Do Test: http://youtu.be/d06wgmkwVZ4
-Mind, Body, and Kickass moves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtIt17clB0I&feature=share&list=SPB51FB49F39CD5898
- Human Weapon: http://youtu.be/qlq2gw4LnIg / http://youtu.be/i-mUkLBRh2c
Upon rigorous practise of Bujinkan Ninjutsu, you will be able to instinctively accomplish the following:
· youtube.com/watch?v=HA3zzmEkxnw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL (Hatsumi: compilation)
· youtube.com/watch?v=d2KSG7J0iM0&feature=related (Hatsumi: Koppojutsu Gikan Kumogakure Gyokushin)
· youtube.com/watch?v=ke6PFO1uypg&feature=related (Hatsumi: Koku)
· youtube.com/watch?v=b3fHtV2vsYc&feature=related (Hatsumi: Futo)
· youtube.com/watch?v=UkXc9rDilBk&feature=related (Hatsumi: with katana (Takagiyoshin Ryu))
· youtube.com/watch?v=Hoq-FvEsO-k&feature=related (Hatsumi: with katana & wakazashi (Takagi Yoshin Ryu))
· youtube.com/watch?v=QQEFndpKUpU&feature=related (Hatsumi: rolls / Junan Taiso & Hicho Jutsu)
· youtube.com/watch?v=IVvKO0X2sGU .
Mechanics fundamentals (these will come more clearly with experimentation):
· youtube.com/watch?v=MWARvKjOloU&feature=related (Hatsumi: Koppojutsu)
Ninjutsu is best not learned by video, not only because you won’t be able to see and experience the difficulties and details, but also because you are more likely to get injured, might simply ignore important details, and some videos are improper either with practitioners that are not well versed, or versed with the incorrect system.
We however take a grounds up approach focusing on meditation, conditioning, and fundamentals every session.
We are certified by the international organization Bujinkan Tori (www.BujinkanTori.com) to spread the true and authentic Ninjutsu.
Bujinkan World Map
Japanese terms: bujinkandictionary.wikifoundry.com
However, for a relatively OK compilation from Ten Chi Jin system (we use Takamatsu system) including history, Sanshin No Kata (commonly confused with the 5 nature forms) and Kihon Happo (the 8 basic forms): youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9850519A2E1E1CC6.
Entire programs can be found for free as a playlist @ youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0729A0CF1FC0B69&feature=plcp.
There are entire rank systems at ninja-learning-network.com for $150, $100 for a feedback session.
See you there!
Mow Row (Bujinkan Tori Dubai sensei)
Sources: Wikipedia, Hassan Osman, Juan Pablo Napoli, Lee Allison, Mow Row, Nedeljko Asanin